This page is designed to house resources for UA Vitae administrators at the College and Department level.
New! UA Online Training Courses:
- Course Title: UA Vitae 101:
Course Number: UA-1392
Course Description: This course is designed to give faculty and admins an in-depth overview of the UA Vitae system.
Course Type: This course is Self-Paced and is only offered as an online tutorial (system simulation).
- Click UA Vitae: UA Vitae 101 to access the registration page for the online tutorials.
- Course Title: UA Vitae: Dept. Admin
Course Number: UA-1403
Course Description: This course is designed to give UA Vitae Administrators (both new and existing) an in-depth look at the commonly used administrative functions.
- Click UA Vitae: Admin Training to register for one of the course offerings.
- Course Title: UA Vitae: Evaluations and Setup
Course Number: UA-1403
Course Description: This course is designed to give UA Vitae Administrators an in-depth look at Evaluations Setups and Reports.
- Click UA Vitae: Evaluations and Setups to register for one of the course offerings.
*To enroll in a course, click the link provided, sign in to Learning using your NetId and Password. Locate the correct time and date of the course you would like to take and click the enroll. Follow the prompts if needed. If you get lost and cannot find the course you can return to My Learning and click on the course from there once you have enrolled.
Community Leadership Sessions:
- UA Vitae Community Leadership sessions have started. These meetings offer discussions and updates related to UA Vitae, and will give UA Vitae campus partners (super-users) a chance to make connections, share information and ask crucial questions.
Information regarding UA Vitae faculty evaluations:
- Generally speaking, there are three steps a college or unit will take to begin the faculty review process:
- Initiate faculty's Activity Input form (this is a "snapshot" of the activities that took place during the review year.)
- Create an Evaluation Process (think of this as a container for holding the review evaluations. Everything within this container can be connected together.)
- Create Evaluation forms for Peer review and Department/Division Head review
- There is additional functionality to assist you with each step, and we'll talk about those below:
- Step 1) Activity Input:
- Step 2) Evaluation Process:
- Step 3 ) Evaluations:
- Creating a Peer Review Commitee Evaluation (PDF)
- Create an evaluation for Department Head use (or other chief administrator.) - Help guide coming soon.
Information on Vita Forms:
- If the Activity Input form brings information IN, then the Vita form is how activities are displayed OUT for evalutions in the process. This includes evaluations for both the Peer Review Committee and the Department Head.
- Be sure that you have the correct vita template selected for every evaluation.
University of Arizona-specific guides:
- Locating the UA Vitae Flag for New Faculty
- Locating the UA Vitae Flag for Current Faculty
- Managing Your Profile in UA Vitae
- Working with Quicklinks in UA Vitae
- Working with Co-Author Publication Verifications on your Dashboard
- Overview of the UA Vitae Homepage
- Overview of the UA Vitae Dashboard
- UA Vitae Quick Start
- UA Vitae System Terms and Definitions