New Features and changes in UA Vitae
Over the summer, several updates have been made to UA Vitae. Some of these are:
- In the Degrees section of your profile, you can now indicated if a degree is considered a terminal degree in your discipline.
- Extension has been added as a classification in Workload Distribution
- In Credit Bearing Courses, a new column, Weight, has been added, to show involvement in the course. Also, a comment box has been added for each semester.
- Two new sections have been added: Faculty Mentoring, which can include postdoctoral and visiting scholar supervision, and Additional Input, for miscellaneous activities.
- The Professional Service and Service and Outreach (Extramural) sections have been combined into Professional Service and Outreach (Extramural).
- The Graduate Student Supervision section has been renamed to Student Mentoring, Advising and Activities. This is to be able to include a broader range of activities involving contact with students.
- The Search Other Faculty tool has been updated to now include many sections of the Activity Input form. For example, it is now possible to do keyword searches on CALS Cooperative Extension Program activities.
- The reporting of face-to-face contacts for Cooperative Extension (the AAP-5 form) has been moved out of UA Vitae, into its own online form.
- TCE Reports will be imported automatically as PDF files. We expect to have TCE reports for Spring and Summer 2014 to be loaded by October.
- A report of collaborators, gathered from your Grants and Contracts and Scholarly Contributions and Creative Productions sections is being developed. This will be useful for promotion packes and grant applications.