CALS Faculty Training for UA Vitae
A UA Vitae workshop for CALS faculty members has been scheduled for December 10, 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. It will be held online, using Go to Meeting, to accomodate our off campus people. The workshop will cover changes in the system since last year, focusing on the Activity Input Form. This training will be recorded; however please attend 'live' if possible.
Please RSVP with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Features and changes in UA Vitae
Over the summer, several updates have been made to UA Vitae. Some of these are:
- In the Degrees section of your profile, you can now indicated if a degree is considered a terminal degree in your discipline.
- Extension has been added as a classification in Workload Distribution
- In Credit Bearing Courses, a new column, Weight, has been added, to show involvement in the course. Also, a comment box has been added for each semester.
- Two new sections have been added: Faculty Mentoring, which can include postdoctoral and visiting scholar supervision, and Additional Input, for miscellaneous activities.
- The Professional Service and Service and Outreach (Extramural) sections have been combined into Professional Service and Outreach (Extramural).
- The Graduate Student Supervision section has been renamed to Student Mentoring, Advising and Activities. This is to be able to include a broader range of activities involving contact with students.
- The Search Other Faculty tool has been updated to now include many sections of the Activity Input form. For example, it is now possible to do keyword searches on CALS Cooperative Extension Program activities.
- The reporting of face-to-face contacts for Cooperative Extension (the AAP-5 form) has been moved out of UA Vitae, into its own online form.
- TCE Reports will be imported automatically as PDF files. TCE reports for Spring 2014 and Summer 2014 have been loaded, and Fall 2014 should be loaded after the end of the semester.
- A report of collaborators, gathered from your Grants and Contracts and Scholarly Contributions and Creative Productions sections is being developed; a beta version is already available. This will be useful for promotion packets and grant applications.