UA Vitae is the online system for faculty annual reviews. The system provides a single and convenient place for faculty members to archive their achievements. Faculty members input their data about teaching, research, service, and other activities that are reported as part of the annual review process. Profile information, course data (including TCEs), and research/grants data are brought into UA Vitae from campus systems. Faculty members can generate custom CVs and biosketches; in addition, they can view the annual review summary documents that are generated for review committees. The UA Vitae system facilitates the annual review workflow process for peer review committees and department heads. Learn more about UA Vitae and the benefits of the system.
- UAV Support Team Office Hours:
- To offer more options for support, the following dates and times are available to sign up for personalized consultations or training. Selecting the link for the week you're interested in will take you to a sign-up form outside of this website:
- New 60 minute session timeout for system inactivity:
- The vendor of UA Vitae (Interfolio) has enacted a new session timeout when 40 minutes of system inactivity is detected. We spoke to them about how UA Vitae is used at the UA, and we happily share the news that they just recently amended their original 40-minute timeout to include:
- Inactivity timer extended from 40 to 60 minutes before it will log users out.
- A warning message at 5 minutes to give users a chance to save their changes. Users that have 5 minutes before their session expires (from inactivity) receive a popup notification to extend the duration.
- Some clarification on the timeout message: "If you have unsaved changes on this page, you can copy those or you can sign in in a new tab and continue."
- This means that if users are logged out, they can use a few methods to preserve the information that was entered.
- They can open up a new browser tab. Sign in/authenticate into your system on that new tab. After doing so, they can go back to the tab that they were previously timed-out from, and continue working.
- After timeout, users should copy their responses (or take screenshots) of the information they were working on in the timed-out page, before closing the window or logging back in.
- Active typing into fields will prevent sessions from expiring. (Originally, actively typing in a field was not considered for the session timeout, only when a page was refreshed.)
Past UA Vitae News:
- Campus Directory Integration with UA Vitae
- New feature - faculty can now delegate / authorize proxy access to their accounts
- New "Profile" section in UA Vitae - Additional positions and roles
- New "Volunteerism" section in UA Vitae
- GradPath dissertation/oral comp committee data available
- Creating biosketches in UA Vitae
Do you have questions about UA Vitae? Please contact your college coordinator, or designated departmental support person, with your questions about accessing the UA Vitae system, departmental annual review guidelines, and departmental review deadlines. You can also Contact the UA Vitae Team with your questions about using the system.